Re: [tlug] eth0 not coming up ...

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:25:38 +0900
Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc@example.com> wrote:

> I've tried /etc/init.d/network restart but that only brings up the local
> interface and doesn't bother trying to bring up eth0. I also tried
> "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup eth0" but that didn't do anything
> either ....

A quick thing to try...
See if /sbin/netconfig is installed. (It should be on 7.2) Do as root.
Then do /etc/init.d/network restart.
That is usually the fastest way for me to get it working.
If it is a problem with the drivers, it might not work, but I've had good success with it on redhat.
Cheers,
Jim

Jim O'Connell
Global Dining System Support