Re: [tlug] smbprint, cont.

On 1/21/2003, "Jim O'Connell" <oconnell@example.com> wrote:

>What model printer are you trying to set up?

Oops :-p  It's an HP Deskjet 960C.  According to the support database at
linuxprinting.org, it works perfectly.  Hasn't worked perfectly for me.  If I
can't google up an answer, my next step will be to snarf the cable over to the
Linux box and have everybody try Samba printing (assuming, of course, that it
actually works when I do that).

>I've been having similar results trying to set up an Epson LP-8300 lately.  I
rarely print anything myself, but others seem to think that printing is kind
of important...

I don't often print things either, but when I need hardcopy, I need
hardcopy.

The 8300 isn't specifically listed in the database, but the LP-8000 is listed
as working perfectly.

Jonathan