Re: [tlug] crashing mail

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 04:06:41PM +0900, Jim O'Connell wrote:

> It's amazing to me that an MUA would crash on *anything* that appears in the body of a simple mail message.

This is the second time that I have heard of this happening. I use
armored-PGP plain-text signatures only because I heard that MS mail
clients can't handle binary ones well.

I'll use normal PGP this time. If you can't read this message, let me
know. :-)

> This brings to mind a question that's been lurking in my mind:
> What *good* and safe MUAs exist for Windows?

One of our 'approved' mail clients and the most popular one in the
company is Becky. The main advantage over MS OE/O is its support for
APOP, but it also supports PGP. Haven't heard any complaints about my
signed messages from anyone using this or Eudora.

> I tried Sylpheed-Claws for Windows, but that kept crashing.

I didn't know it ran on Windows. Will recommend it to others if the
crashing stops.

--
A. Sajjad Zaidi
System Administrator