Re: [tlug] remote printing

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 05:43:59PM +0900, BABA Yoshihiko wrote:
> Botond Botyanszki wrote:
>
> >rtfm://tldp.org/HOWTO/Printing-HOWTO/
>
> Where can I find the RFC of rtfm protocol?  :p

Our own Josh Glover has given me permission to quote him for my
newbie faq--I think he explains it rather well. (One should
add that to follow his instructions, one should be root
or have root privilege.

From the faq:

Q: I was told to RTFM. What does that mean?

Perhaps this is best answered by a quote from my friend Josh Glover.

    Now, the more pressing issue. Are you familiar with the RTFM program? It is a great tool for learning how to use Linux. Here is all you have to do:
    ln -s /usr/bin/man /usr/bin/rtfm
    Now, anytime you have a question about a program, say "echo", for example,
at a command line type:
    rtfm echo
    into the nearest text (or X, RTFM works under X now!) console.

Mr. Baba, I realize this isn't an exact answer to your question, but
perhaps it may be of use.

(Typed with helpful and serious face)  :)
--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: So, Buffy, how'd the slaying go last night?
Buffy: Xander!
Xander: I mean, how'd the laying go? No, I don't mean that either.