Re: [tlug] [RSVP] GentooJP Shinnenkai

On 10/01/2003 at 10:19 Ulrich Plate wrote:

>People on this list wrote:
>
>> > no-pants shabu-shabu.
>>
>> I know Shinjuku since I was .... I cannot say.  That's where I did my
>> first ... I cannot say.
>
>I'm glad everybody so easily comprehends why we chose Shinjuku. :)

Stone groove, man.

>Anybody know of a nice restaurant that would accept a
>bunch of about 10 to 20 people at < 5000 Yen each? Open for all
>suggestions:

It's winter, so dead fish on lumps of cold rice is a non-option.

But, since it is winter, there is Kanishabu, or Kanishabu and Kanishabu. Shinjuku, near Isetan on Yasukuni Dori, with a large plastic Kani hanging outside the building, 5th floor, I think. If you are on Yasukuni Dori and coloured foreigners hand you pieces of paper showing scantily clad women, then you are on the wrong side of the road (for dinner, at least). Also, then its not plastic, it is silicone. So look for the Kani, as obvious as an MSN icon on a Gnome desktop.

Alternatively, the is the Vulgarian Beerhall on the wrong side of the road, but that's only good for drinking as food there sux big time.

Best,
Thomas
Sultan of Drinks