Re: [tlug] SSH.com question

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 02:50:35PM -0500, Josh Glover wrote:
> I can take GNU Emacs, change as much code as I want (0 or more lines), and
> sell it for $1000 per seat if I want. The GPL does not stop me. What the
> GPL does do is require me to make my changes (if any) available to anyone
> who wants them.

and allow the buyer to give it away for free if he want's to.
(if the buyer is egoistic, he won't out of greed, others should pay what
he did. but then the buyer might be a bunch of free software zealots ;-)
collecting money to free the code out of your hands)

greetings, martin.
--
interested in doing pike programming, sTeam/caudium/pike/roxen training,
sTeam/caudium/roxen and/or unix system administration anywhere in the world.