Re: [tlug] mozilla 1.0.1-2.7.2 install woes

Don't know what the problem is, but a couple of thoughts:

Did up2date reinstall/update mozilla?

I assume last time you used rpm to uninstall/reinstall mozilla. If
that broke your systme, maybe there's a problem with the current
mozilla rpm. Next time maybe you should tell up2date not to mess
with mozilla.

The file referred to below is a lock file and should not exist if
mozilla is not running. I'm not sure exactly what that message means
but maybe it can't remove the lock file and so won't start (although
I would think you'd get an error message to that effect when trying
to start mozilla). You might take a look and make sure there are no
stale mozilla lock files in that location.

You might try starting mozilla as another user and see if it starts.

If you are starting mozilla by clicking on a button, try starting from
the command line ("mozilla&")

Mozilla starts from a shell script - mine is /usr/bin/mozilla - you might
want to take a look through the script and make sure that the paths are
still good after running up2date. RedHat seems to take great joy in
relocating stuff every other day.

Anyway, good luck.