[tlug] Japan to Study Linux Software

An article I read in Slashdot indicates that the Japanese government is
looking at the possibility of using Linux for their business and its
providing funds to promote the research. Is anyone from TLUG informed or
directly involved in this matter?? It would be interesting if some can fill
us in with the details.
The funny thing is that they are asking Microsoft people for the advice (and
apparently paying them). Doesn’t this seem like a conflict between the
government (the people’s interest) and private business interests???

Here is an excerpt from the article:

Japan to Study Linux Software
Tue Nov 19,10:21 PM ET  Add Technology - AP to My Yahoo!

TOKYO (AP) - Eager to catch up with nations switching to computer systems
other than Microsoft Windows, Japan will study the possibility of using
open-source software such as Linux (news - web sites) at the government
level.

go here for the rest of the article:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=528&e=2&cid=528&u=/ap/20021120/ap_on_hi_te/japan_linux

Cheers,