[tlug] Apache Help ^_^

Hi Everyone,
           I'm a new to this group and also newbie in
linux world.May I ask a few question.
1..Would it be possible to run apache as standalone
server (without DNS server)?
2..Where should I replace IP address of my network, if
I want someone to access my server from outside?
3..Where can I get simple "httpd.conf" file ? The
default http.conf file have a lot of option which I
don't understand.
4..Which book do you recommand to read for a begineer?
I read " Sam's Teach yourself Apache-2 in 24 hrs " and
did't get sence much.

   I'm running Mandrake 9.0 and Apache 1.3.X .
                      Thanks in advance for your help.