[tlug] Winbind User/Group ID mapping

Hi everyone,

does anybody know if it is possible to move group id mappings in samba from
one system to another?

The problem is that this samba mapping database is appended as samba
connects, so two different system will map the user and groups differently,
which messes up the carefully crafted permission system on the user data.

I used tar to backup the data daily with the -p option and this is able to
restore using the groupname rather than the ID.  However the archives seem
to get broken at some stage, so I would like to use XFSDUMP instead.  But
XFSDUMP only restores the user and groupids, which do not match between the
different machines...

Unfortunately the mapping information is held within some sort of binary
file along with system identifiers for the NT-Domain, so simply copying the
file doesn't work.

thanks

Patrick Niessen
IT-Manager / Planning & Controlling
Gerling Allgemeine Versicherungs-AG, Japan Branch
ƒQ[ƒŠƒ“ƒOEƒAƒ‹ƒQƒ}ƒCƒl•ÛŒ¯‰ïŽÐ “ú–{Žx“X
TEL. +81-3-5214-1361 / FAX. +81-3-5214-1365