RE: [tlug] Has my machine been cracked?

Maybe you can avoid this by using a journaling filesystem.  I personally
quite like XFS because it supports ACLs natively and has great performance.
But I think Red Hat brings along EXT3, which you can easily convert to if
you have ext2.

Take care though about which partition you convert.  It's perhaps best to
leave the boot partition as ext2, in case you need to recover your system
(the XFS kernel does not fit on a boot floppy).

Patrick

Patrick Niessen
IT-Manager / Planning & Controlling
Gerling Allgemeine Versicherungs-AG, Japan Branch
fQ[fSf"fOEfAf<fQf}fCfl*OE?Z "-{Zx"X
TEL. +81-3-5214-1361 / FAX. +81-3-5214-1365

please see instructions at
http://www.tlug.jp/list.html