Re: [tlug] LAN Bridge and Proxy

>simply connect to the HUB. Now I switched to RH. The first problem is that I
>could not setup any "bridge" between the two ethernet interfaces, namely "eth0"
>for Intranet and "eth1" for Internet. I have to disable "eth0" so as to access
>Internet. Another problem is that I have no idea how to proxy it. Any special
>package available?
>
>Obviously I am a newbie in Linux. I searched TLUG mailist archives and could
>not find any good solution. So, please help.
>Zou Jun Qing (Suu-san)

Have you configured the two network cards in RedHat?  I have the setup here, and
can help but I don't know enough about your situation.  The card connected to
the broadband modem gets the settings that your windows machine normally would
get.  The other card is connected to your local hub, and gets local settings in
the range of 192.168.x.x .  (I'm not sure how much of the DNS details Windows XP
took care of this for you.)  You can use ipchains (IP Masquerading) to share the
connection in this way.  When you say proxy, it's probably best to do it through
a firewall, and a sample comes with ipchains I think.

David Boudreau
david@example.com