[tlug] LAN Bridge and Proxy

Hi, All:

This is my very first post in TLUG, and unfortunately, it's a question to ask.

Well, I would like to be instructed that how I can configure my RH8.0 workstation as something like the "Internet Gateway" in Win XP. I have two NIC cards installed in the desktop. One is configured as a DHCP client, which is connected to Yahoo! BB modem. Another one is configured as static-address, which is connected to a HUB used at my home. In Win XP, by using so-called "Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)", I can easily enable my laptop to access Internet by simply connect to the HUB. Now I switched to RH. The first problem is that I could not setup any "bridge" between the two ethernet interfaces, namely "eth0" for Intranet and "eth1" for Internet. I have to disable "eth0" so as to access Internet. Another problem is that I have no idea how to proxy it. Any special package available?

Obviously I am a newbie in Linux. I searched TLUG mailist archives and could not find any good solution. So, please help.

Thanks and regards!

---
Zou Jun Qing (Suu-san)
Dragon Network Corporation