Re: [tlug] mlterm and bitstream cyberbit font

On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 10:36, Tony Laszlo wrote:

> > i know some of you use mlterm, and i'm wondering if any of
> > you have successfully configured it to use a truetype font
> > such as bitstream cyberbit when in UTF-8 mode.
>
> Have you gained ground on this?

Nope.

> I installed mlterm a while ago, but haven't fooled
> around with it much, yet. I noticed that the man
> page is full of font-related info, though. Mlterm
> displays double-byte characters well, out of the box.
> But the single-byte looks terrible :(
> (for example, the output from ls -l).

Mlterm looks decent in Shift_JIS and EUC-JP mode, but UTF-8,
while usable, looks awful. The Japanese characters are really
bitty. Plus, whatever font it is using is not a full unicode
font like bitstream cyberbit, so certain oddball characters
like enclosed kanji don't show up.

I've tried to follow the directions for using tt fonts in
the man page but can't seem to get it to work.

Ryan