Re: [tlug] nihonlinux

Ulrich wrote:

> With yet another licensing model:
>
> http://www.ggpl.org/
>
> I've heard about Aizu, they're doing great research up there, but why
> would the Public need a License for its Greater Good?

At a recent conference, I met some of the people who were involved in the
writing of this GGPL license. It's basically an extension of the GPL that
tries to make a statement about the products that one makes not only being
kept open for the use of others, but also that they not be used to trample
on the rights of others, damage the environment, etc. A bit extreme, I
admit, but their intentions are good. They are all, of course, exclusively
Linux and Free Software users.

As Ulrich noted, Aizu University is doing much to promote Linux and "open
code" (to use Lessig's neutral term),

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary
[http://www.acmuller.net]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787