Re: [tlug] easy ways to learn linux easily and quickly

OK so you want to learn to do stuff heh ? Well perhaps one of the things you
might consider in addition to spending your hard earned \\\ at the book
store is to get a bit practical about it. An installed workstation won't
teach you all that much so think about setting yourself a project eg install
samba and use it as a PDC on your home LAN,  once that works then hook up a
printer to it and try to print from winblows. go register with a free
dynamic DNS provider then play with mail servers / web servers /ftp servers
yadda yadda yah, build yourself a custom kernel and install it - word of
warning try to research this a little before you start pulling the nuts and
bolts out of your OS. Try learning to build things one at a time. As you go
you will make mistakes and learning from those mistakes is what you will get
you the experience you need to take on more interesting projects.

Linux