Re: [tlug] deskjet 970c driver: hpijs 1.2.2 on redhat psyche(newbie:)

On 土, 2002-10-05 at 20:51, shane eastwood wrote:
> hello,
>
> can anyone provide a clue as to why the GCC compiler c++ is not working?
> please see below:
> # tar zvxf hpijs-1.2.2.tar.gz
<deletia>
> checking for c++... no
> checking for g++... no
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot
> create executables.
Check the config.log it will give you a better idea of what is wrong,
occasionally ./configure tests if gcc by linking against some "standard"
libs that my not be present. The config script output in this case is
confusing because it suggests that there is a problem with gcc, while
probably the problem is with a missing lib or include file in the wrong
place.

If you cant find the problem, email the config.log fiel ot me and I'll
see if I can help (not sure whether it is appropriate to send log files
to the list?)

Stu