[tlug] Still more on Gentoo OpenOffice fonts

Since, sooner or later, Josh will get to archiving (and that's NOT a
putdown of an overworked newlywed, it's simply a comment) I thought I
should post another followup.  Quick recap--in OpenOffice, I wasn't
seeing available Japanese fonts.  The drop down box didn't show me
anything that would work with kinput2.  A little experimenting and
reading showed me that I could simply type in the name of a font not
shown in the list, and it would work (Actually, only Gothic worked that
way, but at least I could input Japanese).

On the Gentoo-user mailing list, someone was having a similar problem
(not with East Asian fonts, but with TT fonts in general). Someone else
posted the solution--as root go into OpenOffice's spadmin and add the
fonts (by choosing the path to the folder which in Gentoo is
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype.  Although clicking on the folder
itself won't show any fonts you will then see that all fonts in that
folder have been added. When you then open up OpenOffice as normal user,
you'll see you have them available.

Thanks

--

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

Angel: So, you're back.
Cordelia: Very good, Mister I-can't-tail-the-suspect-during-the-day-
because-I'll-burst-into-flames Private Eye.