Re: [tlug] I missed something...

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:08:32 +0900, Ulrich Plate <plate@example.com> squashed
this out of the keyboard:

> In return, can I ask you how you manage to get your picture into the
> header of my preview window in Sylpheed? :-)

In return for what? The "GnuPG doesn't work for me either"? :)

Well, you already have libcompface installed otherwise you wouldn't see my
ugly mug in Sylpheed.

The other bit is to convert a 48x48 bitmap into a stream of ASCII junk
inserted in the X-Face: header of the e-mail. I see that Jim has beaten me
to it in supplying a link to something which will take care of that for you.
Personally I used this one (long) liner:

xbmtopbm "$@" | pbmtoicon | sed -e 1,2d -e '$s/$/,/' | tr -d '\011\012' | tr ',' '\012' | pr -l1 -t -w22 -3 -s, | sed -e 's/$/,/' -e 's/\(0x....\)\(0x....\)\(0x....\),/\1,\2,\3,/' | compface

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com
                  gstewart@example.com

GnuPG key  : BA3D01C6 (pgp.mit.edu)
Fingerprint: C3DF C686 6572 6E59 E3E4  0F40 2B9A 2218 BA3D 01C6