MTRR (Was: [tlug] Re: Notebook Question)

>> From: Jim Tittsler <jwt-tlug@example.com>
>> > 	I don't have such a file. Is there an equivalent in RH7.3
>>
>> /etc/rc.d/rc.local is the script that is executed after all of
>> the other init scripts are run.  (Or you can add things near
>> the top of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit if you want it to happen early
>> in the boot process.)

I'm having doubts that that is the area to fiddle with. Watching
/var/log/message, I see early in the boot the mtrr module say things are
OK, then about 20 seconds later, after xfs starts, I see the
"kernel: mtrr: no more MTRRs available" come up. I suspect I'd have to
muck around in X to do anything, and that's a no-go area AFAIAC.

Poking around with Google, I see lots of discussion about xfs, mtrr
and 2.5 kernels. I'll think I'll just go back into my shell on this one.
I guess scanning /var/log/message is about as good as dmesg anyway.

Thanks for the feedback

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298