[tlug] PPPoE / Linksys BEFSR41

Howdy

There is new firmware out for the router mentioned above:

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=23&prid=20

My questions:

Is this router PPPoE compliant?
What is PPPoE?
I need a PPPoE router if I am going to connect my machines to the NTT b Flets
service. (The 100 Mbps New Family service is about 5000 a month plus you need
to pay isp charges too.) Will this router do the job?
Will Redhat 7.3 sort out the difficult stuff automatically using DHCP?
What is DHCP anyway?!
WIth this b flets fibre optic connection what is the important thing in
getting as close to 100 Mbps as possible? Is there any way I can test it?

Check out Lycoris, especially if you are a linux newbie

www.lycoris.org