Re: [tlug] b Flets plan (and btw, I am new!)

On 9/21/2002, "n" <yeehi@example.com> wrote:

>I want to know what you think about the ntt Flets plan for 100 Mbps
>up/downloads.

You will probably never encounter an FTP site that will let you have
anywhere near 100 megabits of bandwidth.  When I had 100 megabits at work,
I never found a site that delivered more than
20 megabits of download bandwidth, and that happened only once.

The strength of B-Flets is that it doesn't have the distance sensitivity of
DSL, nor the crosstalk problems with ISDN that DSL can also have.

>Asahi net look like they have some excellent people who know how to run an
ISP
>company properly and deliver good service. Any opinions on this? My
other
>choiice would be OCN.

Asahi is pretty good.  GOL is also good (disclosure: I am a former employee
of GOL).  OCN? I think I'd rather eat worms than get my service from NTT if
any other provider was available.  Happily, the wide selection of providers
will keep the crawly things off my plate and on my fishhook :-)

<Off-topic>
Speaking of plates, I have free kitchenware available, too.
</Off-topic>

Jonathan