Re: [tlug] Notebook Question

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 06:06 pm, Godwin Stewart wrote:
> Finally, you have to create the entry for new_name in your /etc/hosts
> otherwise you *will* run into problems with applications which require the
> machine's IP - X is one.

Also, because it always expects to be able to resolve the name,
RH7.3 setup seems to put the hostname given during setup in /etc/hosts for you
as 127.0.0.1, this can be both confusing and annoying depending on what you
use the machine for.

Sam Tilders
sam@example.com

Cogito Ergo Sum - I think, therefore I am.  (Descartes)