Re: [tlug] Games

On Thursday 12 September 2002 17:50, Bruno Raoult wrote:

> 1) Do you play computer games?

Yes but only commodore 64, amiga emulators and retro emu in general. I do not
like nowdays games.I don't like to spend more than 30 minutes to understand
how to play.

> 2) Which OS(s)/Console(s) do you use to play computer games?

Linux and W$ it depends how the emu works.

> 3) Do you play W$ games with your Linux system?

iie

> 4) Do you play only GPL games on your Linux system?

iie :)

> 5) Do you have a dual boot for playing some games?

I have dual boot but not only for my C64 emu. I have to use W$ for other
software, like Cisco routers emulators. The guys at Cisco, maybe think that
if you want to have a Cisco IT certification you do not use Linux.... I don't
understand them...

> 4) Do you agree to pay for games for your Linux box?

Sure! So my friends buy games and I'll copy :-P

> 5) If you knew about Loki, how many games did you buy?
>    (-1 = you did not know about Loki)

-1

> 6) Do you have transgaming version of Wine?

iie

> 7) If 6 is yes, does it work?

shirimasen :)

> 7) Other remarks, questions...

mmmm no.

> 8) More????

I think that it's difficult that we'll see linux versions for most famous
games, because the more important problem is: Linux is still used by few
people that almost all them have a computer knowledge greater than the media.
I have a lot of friends that need help to install games on W$. For that
people that can't understand the philosophy of "next... next.... next...
finish" for installation, Linux is something pretty far from their minds. The
big market is of that people that do not have idea about computers. A lot of
people think that W$ is something natural to computers and they can't imagine
a computer without W$. It's sad! Games companies need to sell so if more
people use Linux they can consider Linux users as a market. So I think that
the first object is to encourage people to use Linux, the rest, will come
automatically.

Cheers
Pietro

--