Re: [tlug] Apache: Logging: how-to pipe logs or log toanothermachine (was Disk

Back to my original question ;)

Does anyone know how to pipe apache logs to gzip before they are written and
then to cronolog?

I tried to do according to the apache docs:

CustomLog "|/usr/bin/gzip -c >>  /var/log/access_log.gz" common

but it doesn't work.I found a few postings of other people complaining that
this method doesn't work but no workarounds or solutions.

Jc