[tlug] TLUG Digest Structure

Hi all,

In an attempt to cut down the email quantity, I have been converting email
list membership to digests where available. Two such lists are the honyaku
one, and now TLUG.

In the Honyaku digest, the reading of the individual postings and replies is
fairly simple:

- headers for each email are reduced to From/Subject/Date
- MIME-encoded bodies are expanded and the MIME headers, etc. removed.
- useless trailers are deleted
- a clear inter-mail marker is inserted.

In the TLUG digest, sadly, it is a different story:

- we get more headers such as Message-id, Content-type, etc. none of which
mean anything in a digest
- MIME-encoded bodies are left that way, along with the headers
- attachments such as PGP signatures are left in
- no intermail marker is inserted.

The end result is that the TLUG digest, when compared to others, is difficult
to read, as there tends to be paragraphs of mail content embedded in heaps of
bumpf.

Is there any way that the digest format can be cleaned up?

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298