Re: [tlug] Server shows strange load and memory spikes

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:50:13 +0900
"Jean-Christian Imbeault" <jean_christian@example.com> wrote:

> I thought that cron.daily and cron.hourly were used by anacron and
> not cron
> itself. I guess not.

As you are running a server it doesn't make much sense to use anacron. You
should rather use the normal (vixie) cron, and only that.

> How can I check what jobs cron runs and when?

Cron is logging to the syslog cron facility.
Where this is redirected depends on your syslog setup. Check
/etc/syslog.conf.
If you don't have a cron.* entry, you can put something like this in
there:
cron.*			-/var/log/cron.log

--
B0Ti.