Re: [tlug] recommendations for a good pc shop in tokyo

Quoth Ryan Shaw (Fri 2002-08-23 09:02:53AM +0900):
> Hi Josh,
>
> On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 01:47, Josh Glover wrote:
>
> > The nVidia drivers for Linux are shit. They were causing my Athlon box
> > to segfault and lock up pretty often (like twice a week, which may be
> > nothing for Windows users, but I *demand* uptime in the thousands of
> > days! ;)
>
> Is this your gentoo machine? My gentoo box is a dual Athlon
> with a nVidia drivers, and I'm having no problems.

No, I had this problem while I was running Red Hat 7.(2|3). Have not
tried the nVidia drivers under Gentoo yet. Like I said, I have no need
for 3D.

> But, even though I'm not much of a gamer, I'm glad I got the
> GeForce because I have been enjoying games more now that I
> feel the need to exercise my card...and I'm stoked for the
> Neverwinter Nights Linux client to come out so I can really
> let it rip.

Yeah, even though I game not on my PC, I am probably going to have no
choice but to make an exception for NN. I hear that it is just *that*
kewl.

> > Are you kidding!? I would give my left, erm, nevermind, to go back to
> > Japan! And you don't like it? Please, let's trade! You come here and
> > be a BOFH for a Biotech company, and I will go to Japan and do
> > whatever it is that you do. What say you? ;)
>
> I have to say, while I still love living in Japan, I don't
> really like working in Japan much recently, bad time to be a
> techie. But, I don't expect that it's much better anywhere
> else right now.

No, it is not better here in the States, anyway. :(

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.

GPG keyID 0x62386967
(Public key available from keyserver.net or pgp.mit.edu)