Re: [tlug] Re: recommendations for a good pc shop in tokyo

On 8/22/2002, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

>I know of the workaround, and applied it to my kernel options as soon
>as it hit the kernel mailing list. That made matters better, but the
>machine still locked a lot, only in X, only when I was using the
>nVidia drivers. When I switched to the unaccelerated XFree86 driver,
>things cleared up.

This mirrors my experience exactly.  I ran with the nvidia drivers for a
while, but had problems with X locking up.  When I went back to the X
driver, the problem went away.  Coincidence?

>Call it a coincidence if you like, but I call it shit

I think not :-)

GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)