Re: [tlug] recommendations for a good pc shop in tokyo

On 8/22/2002, "B0Ti" <9915104t@example.com> wrote:

>That's been true in the past.

It's still true, right now.  Even with the Nvidia reference drivers, my
Matrox cards beat the crap out of my Nvidia cards for clarity and
sharpness. There is simply no comparison.  Even my G200 is better (not
faster, mind you) than the Nvidia gear.  For clarity and sharpness, Matrox
just has no competition.  I don't expect the others to ever catch Matrox in
this area, because their emphasis is all on game performance. They don't
really care if they have the best boards for sysadmining and desktop
publishing or not.

I have a G400 in my workstation and would not trade it for anything (well,
a G550 maybe :-).  Staring at a monitor all day long makes me really
appreciate Matrox.

>support, I'll think twice before I get a Matrox next time. And that

I won't.  Think twice before you get anything else, though.

>clearest 2D that Matrox was famous for is also a thing of the past
>according to some recent gfx card reviews.

YMMV.  A bulk G550 is about 11500, you can't go wrong.  Give me Matrox or
give me ... I don't know, but not death :-)

>> I will be leaving
>> Japan around the end of September and

>Lucky bastard! ;)

BUUUUUUUUUUUUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :-)

Jonathan

GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)