Re: [tlug] bandwidth statistic generaing program?

>From: Jonathan Q <jq@example.com>
>
>The type code for Fast Ether is 62, and it may be that the card is not
>reporting 62.

cfgmaker is finding that my card is of type ethernetCsmacd (6)

mii-tool however says I have fast ethernet:

#mii-tool eth0
eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-FD flow-control, link ok

>If it's at 100 and it's reporting itself as 10 via
>SNMP, you could either just leave it as-is (your're not
>using much bandwidth anyway) or force MRTG to see it as
>100 (don't know how off the top of my head, I'll leave that
>research as an exercise for the reader, but it can be done).

By forcing MRTG to see it as 100 did you mean having MRTG think it's a 10
but display that it is a 100, or did you mean actually have MRTG think it's
a 100 and mean it?

Also is forcing MRTG to do anything a good thing? I'd rather try and figure
out why MRTG thinks it's a card of type 6 instead of 62.

Is cfgmaker is getting it's info from SNMP? Maybe I didn't configure my
SNMPd properly or something ... more research :-)

If any has any hints on where I should be looking to solve this, pointers
are always appreciated.

Jc