[tlug] Re: IP Masquerading

> I am trying to setup a server on my OCN ADSL
> connection. I can successfully connect to
> port 80 of my server if I connect my server
> directly to my ADSL router and configure IP
> masquerading on the router, but when I try
> to put my Corega hub in between the router
> and my server (so other machines in my house
> can use the ADSL), port 80 is closed to the
> outside, even though I have enabled IP
> masquerading on the hub...
hub is maybe typo, you mean ADSL modem/router?

I have server behign ADSL router (Fujitsu
from So-net). I have simple BUFFALO hub between modem/router and my server.
One advice - change IP of the server to be something outside
of DHCP IPs provided by the modem/router - just to be sure your server will
not conflict with some other computer.
Maybe something like 192.168.0.100 or similar.
If your masq/port forwarding is enabled the problem is maybe
in your cabels. Do you use cross-cable for direct server connection? Are all
lights on connected to the hub cables lighting?

 --
ISBN: 0060256575       OpenPGP: 0xBE40FF3E