Re: [tlug] Japanese encoding problem

>From: BOTi <9915104t@example.com>
>
>Though it displays as a ^K, it's actually not that in the file.
>Use an editor that can display it (Japanese). Or use some simple unix tool,
>like sed.

Thanks for the tip but why would sed work if vim doesn't? Doesn't vim use
sed?

And more importantly, eve if I do use sed, how do I input that character(^K)
into any sed command I might try?
I tried:

sed -e "s/?/ /g" file.dat but that didn't do anything to the "japanese" dots
I wanted to replace.

Also please note that I am only surmising that the ^K is the japanese dot
because that's what it looks like when I open the file in a Windows editor.

If I do a /?/ I do get a few matches but none on the places where I "see"
japanese dots in the original file. So I'm begining to think that ^K not
really the japanese dot but something else, maybe even a "corrupted"
character?

Jc