From: Scott Robbins [mailto:scottro@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 11:15 AM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: [tlug] Hiroshima Linux Users Group, soon coming

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 08:33:35AM +0900, Eric Oliver Flores wrote:
> Josh,
>
> >From your writing seems like a lot of work!!!
> Never thought it was going to be so hard!!!

Y'know, there's an Internet cafe in that big shopping area--LOL, I still
have a discount ticket for 100 en in my wallet.  Shall I mail it to you?
(every little bit helps)  Seriously, it's called the I Love Yuu and they
were pretty nice there. All MS machines but who knows?

I have the address and phone number if you think it might be of any use.

> - Publicise, build a buzz. See if there exist any big players in the
> Linux game in Hiroshima. Talk to them.

See, that might be a good place to leave flyers?  I can get them left at
a dance school for you, but most of those folks really didn't seem
computer literate.

Where in the US do you think you'll be--Josh and I are both in the
Northeast--well, he's sort of the Northeast.  :)

Scott

> - Try to line up some good speakers for the first few meetings. People
> who are known, or at least, have written programs that are
> known. Matsumoto Yukihiro (creator of Ruby) would be one good
> idea. The more exciting you can make those first few meetings, the
> more likely you are to get off to a good start.

> I WOULD LOVE TO BRING IN A (SOME) SPAKER(S) BUT STARTING OUT WITH HARDLY
NO

--
Scott

Xander: I have my pride. Okay, so I don't have a *lot* of my pride,
but I have enough so that I can't do this.

please see instructions at
http://www.tlug.jp/list.html