Re: [tlug] C puzzle

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 06:26:04PM +0200, Godwin Stewart quoth, and most verily thus:

> This whole C puzzle thread reminds me of something I picked up a while ago
> and recently posted to a different Linux group:
>

> TASK :- To Shoot Yourself In The Foot
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

> You shoot yourself in the foot.
>
> C++
> You accidentally create a dozen instances of yourself and shoot them all in
> the foot. Providing emergency medical care is impossible since you can't
> tell which are bitwise copies and which are just pointing at others and
> saying, "That's me over there."

[...]

Ah, a true classic. I remember when the Internet consisted of a bunch of
Gopher sites (Archie, Veronica, etc) with textfiles on rocket science and
programming humour ripe for the picking.

Damn the Web! See, a GUI always ruins a good thing! ;)

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.