Re: [tlug] C puzzle

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 12:14:58PM -0400, Viktor Pavlenko quoth, and most verily thus:

>     >> main(){((void(*)())0)();}
>
>     JG> Now *that* is w4j 1337!
>
> I guess so, whatever it is :)

What, you don't speak 1337? (== Leet, try a Google search and you will
find some amusing and informative links.)

>     JG> OK, here is my best guess of how it works:
>
> In general, yes. Some corrections: in order to call a function (apply
> `()') I need a function type, so I cast 0 to be a value of a pointer
> to function which takes no args and returns nothing, and then call it.

Of course. I missed that detail. Thanks!

This has been a damned entertaining thread. Let me see if I can dig something
up from the archives to add.

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator