Re: [tlug] characterset in gnus

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 06:05:53PM +0900, Luke Kearney wrote:
> Well I am sorry to see someone go, I am sure that anyone who has ever
> started using a *nix system has looked to lists and newsgroups as a place to
> get helpful advice and anyone who has actually stuck at it has progressed
> from advice seeker to sharer of knowledge. Newbies, as they may be, have
> every right to ask questions and seek help but they do not have any right to
> expect and answer.
>
> Mr Turnbull's contribution below seems unnecessarily condescending and would
> not have been missed if he had decided not to send it.

You think so huh? You miss the point that alot of these people think they
can ask any question they want without doing _any_ research.  Then they
get their hackles up when people like myself get angry because a google
search of their subject line provided the answer.  They think they deserve
to be spoon fed, and they need to understand that those that can help the
most are the most likely to get offended. Steve said that in a very nice way.
Since when has "respect the culture" been condecending?  Someone needs to
tell them, and Steve did it a lot nicer than I would.

--Matt