Re: [tlug] new distro howto

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 10:32:30AM +0200, Pietro Zuco wrote:
> But if someone like the name and want to do a distro with the same name,
> he/she can do it isn't it? How could I do, that my distro will be the only
> with that name?

register the name as a trademark,
and then defend the trademark.

first need to make sure, that there
is no other distribution or program with that name.
and there are a lot of things out there.

but to make a distro just as a learning experience,
then i would not bother with the cost of a trademark.
people in the linuxworls are usually friendly enough
not to use a name that's already taken.

if you find something using "your" name, just point
it out to them, they will either change that name,
or prove that theirs is older, in which case
a trademark might not protect you either.

greetings, martin.
--
looking for a job anywhere in the world, doing pike programming, sTeam/caudium
/pike/roxen training, sTeam/caudium/roxen and/or unix system administration.