Re: [tlug] How do I kill SmartStart?

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 17:29:23 +0900, A.Sajjad Zaidi wrote:
> I created a logical drive on the RAID array, booted from a RH Network
> Install floppy and successfully installed RedHat on it, but cant find a
> way to boot into this drive.

As an alternate solution, did you actually try to install RedHat via the
SmartStart crap?  If you use their crappy little interface you get an
option to install an OS.  Just tell it you want to install a unix OS.
The box will reboot and you will have a logical RAID drive at your
disposal for doing the install.  The advantage of this approach is that
SmartStart will automatically link that OS as the booting OS once
installation is complete.  So all you have to do is tell RedHat to
write the boot record to the start logical drive, and you are all
taken care of.

In theory.

Michael "hey, it worked for me" Doughty