Re: [tlug] Hiding Server's Information

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Stoyan Zhekov wrote:

> > Without using an os detector, we can determine version of apache, os name,
> > php version etc... just using netcraft:
> > http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?mode_u=on&mode_w=on&site=tlug.jp
> > Anyone know how to hide those information from netcraft?
>
> In apache /usr/src/usr.sbin/httpd/src/main/ directory, file httpd_main.c
>
> s/SrvTk_FULL/SrvTk_PRODUCT_ONLY/g

Thank you for your reply.
As I  mentioned in previous post. We can also change:

#define SERVER_BASEVENDOR   "Apache Group"
#define SERVER_BASEPRODUCT  "Apache"
#define SERVER_BASEREVISION "1.3.23"
#define SERVER_BASEVERSION  SERVER_BASEPRODUCT "/" SERVER_BASEREVISION

in include/httpd.h

> and recompile. This will display only 'Apache' in request answer. Try:
> telnet www.zhware.net 80
> HEAD / HTTP/1.0

Mandrake doesnt come with telnet so I had to run:

/usr/sbin/httpd -v

;)

|            Nguyen Hung.Vu( vuhung@example.com )              |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space   http://site.techviet.com/vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| VYSA                    http://vysasports.vngate.net/    |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |