Re: [tlug] Japanese in Gentoo

On 28 Jun 2002, Stuart Luppescu wrote:

> After 6 years using RedHat, I've decided to switch to Gentoo (cue the
> Legions of RedHat Haters: ``it's about time!''), but I've heard that
> support for Japanese is ``experimental.'' Supposedly, there are ebuilds
> for kinput2 and canna, but has anyone actually used them? Any first-hand
> experiences to report?

I dont have an internet connection @ home to try gentoo, but I am happy
with rpm-based Linux distrobutions. The weak point of Redhat is rpm
itself. If one hates rpm dependencies, he has to learn how to write a spec
file -> this is the way looking closer to source code.

Hung Vu

 > -- > Stuart
Luppescu
-=- s-luppescu@example.com        > University of Chicago -=- CCSR
> 才文と智奈美の父 -=-    Kernel 2.4.19-pre10-xf
> What the large print giveth, the small print taketh
>  away.

|            Nguyen Hung.Vu( vuhung@example.com )              |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space   http://site.techviet.com/vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| VYSA                    http://vysasports.vngate.net/    |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |