Re: [tlug] new computer configuration

Thankyou so much for your responses. I think I should re state the requirements

 A) We have licensed copies of Win98 & RH7.2. & some purchased softwares for Win98, so These two will be static partitions. I can upgrade to RH7.3 but I am not sure if it is that major improvement over 7.2.  A data partition will be shared between Linux & windows to have data files available in both OS's.

B) One partition will be to playaround with other OS's (they will come and go & need not share data with others ).

So basically what I need is

1) A boot loader to handle Multiple OS's  and one which shouldn't get messed upon other os installations. And Where should I put this in MBR ? or in first sector ot /boot

2) The four primary partitions seems to be

     A) /boot ext3  for linux boots

      B)  Fat32 for windows

      C)  Fat32  : Data shared between Windows & linux

       D)  ext3 for linux /

  So how do I create swap & partition for other OS's.

For VMware,  may be we can consider it for our playaround OS , So which one should we keep our base os for VM ware windows or Linux.

Many Thanks

Nitin

  Michael Doughty <Doughty_Michael@example.com> wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:02:34 +0900 (JST), Charles Muller wrote:
> Josh wrote:
>
> > The downsides? It will cost you $200,
>
> In that case, I need to correct myself on the relative price of
> Win4Lin. It's 1/3 of VMWare.

But it doesn't provide the ability to handle FreeBSD and Solaris which
the OP suggested was a requirement of the solution.

Michael

Do You Yahoo!?