Re: [tlug] OT: CPU switches

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:54:43 +0900, David Dibben wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:46:27 +0900
> Michael Doughty <Doughty_Michael@example.com> wrote:
> > Linux, however, has issues when you switch to another box while in an
> > X session.  When you come back, the mouse does not.
>
> It works for me. I recently switched to a USB mouse (Logitech Trackman)
> because the KVM switch that have "looses" my PS/2 mouse. The USB version
> works fine with X, I don't need to switch out of X or restart X when I
> switch machines.
>
> Which version of X are you using? I have 4.1 which came with Redhat 4.2.
> In the config file XFree86-4 I have

RH 4.2?  I am trying to guess which version you really mean.  7.2 seems
most likely.  Anyway, I have tried it with various flavors of 4.1...
and 4.2, and I see the same issue.  Have not tried the below changes,
I will give them a go on my 4.2 box and see what happens.

> 	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
> 	InputDevice    "USB Mice" "SendCoreEvents"
>
> I think I read in the docs somewhere that using "SendCoreEvents" rather
> than "CorePointer" means that X does not complain if the mouse dissapears
> and then re-appears.

Sounds like just the change I need to make then.

Michael