Re: [tlug] Apache: getting http and https (SSL) to work at the same time

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:50:42 +0900, "Jean-Christian Imbeault"
<jean_christian@example.com> wrote to tlug@example.com:

> Oh, I started apache with apachectl start and that works fine. But there
> is also a startssl switch for apachectl, but it doesn't seem to do
> anything differently. Any know what it is for?

apachectl start: Starts apache to serve *only* HTTP

apachectl startssl: Starts apache to serve both HTTP and HTTPS

That's the theory anyway. Apache on my boxen seems to obey theory...

| G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com |
| Port de Pontille, FR-37500 CHINON, FRANCE. |
| Linux User Group de Touraine               |
|                http://www.lug-touraine.org |