Re: [tlug] Re: [OT] soccer world cup

David Santinoli wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 03:36:37PM -0700, nitin kakkar wrote:
>
>>Hello All
>>  Hope you are doing nicely & enjoying world cup
>>soccer.
>

> Definitely no :-(

Yeah, Italia (first) and Spain were both sent home by poor officiating
more than a lack of quality. Though (no offence meant here, David) I was
shocked by Italy's response to the mess. Sacking Ahn and attacking
Korean nationals outside their own embassy is not what I would call
sporting.

I thought that Japan did well, though they showed a lack of creativity
against Turkiye, and that cost them. How about Turkiye getting past that
arrogant Senegal team! That made me very happy, though I felt bad for
poor Hakan Sukur, who was obviously hurting pretty badly from his injuries.

And, as an American of heavy and recent Irish descent, I was very proud
of both of those teams. Germany and Spain (in that order) got past the
US and Ireland (respectively) more due to luck than anything else. A
good showing for both squads, especially the Americans, who finally
showed the world what I have been saying for two years now: US Football
ain't no joke anymore.

Sorry for this lack of topicality, back to our regularly scheduled geekcast.

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.