Re: [Re: [Re: [Re: [tlug] CVS and Japanese files]]]

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> cat infile.utf8 | iconv -t shift_jis -f utf-8 >outfile.sjis

Cool, didn't know about that. Thanks.

>     Ryan> Later when our tools support direct editing in UTF I can get
>     Ryan> rid of the filters.
>
> Both flavors of Emacsen do to a limited extent, as does Yudit.  XEmacs
> support for UTF-8 and Unicode in general will get radically better in
> the fall as long as you can work with a beta release.

I'm a dedicated (GNU) Emacs user for EVERYTHING, but I'd be
kidding myself to think I could get everyone here to use it.

I'd like to have better Unicode support for myself though--
this fall sounds like a good time to make the switch (back)
to XEmacs.

Ryan