Re: [tlug] preserving permissions settings

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 14:03, Matt Doughty wrote:

> I don't think you can change the permission per file as it were.
> You have to specify the user and group at mount time for the entire
> mount. something like:
> mount -t vfat -o uid=user,gid=group /dev/hdb1 /windows
>
> should get you what you want.

What would be the /etc/fstab setting that would allow (in my case only one)
user to be able to write to a VFAT. Mine is:

/dev/hda1               /mnt/dosc               vfat    defaults      0 0

and it can be written by root alone.

(Just curious. I think I'd rather restrict it any way.)

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298