Re: [tlug] Running an Exec file with Cron

[Charles Muller ([tlug] Running an Exec file with Cron) writes:]

>>      * */1 * * * /home/chuck/bin/backups

That's getting closer. Does the "backups" script file begin with a "#", or
to force the shell "#!/bin/sh"?

Here it the line from my crontab -e for the daily backup:

	0 5 * * * /home/haru_bak/buscript

The script will also probably need to cd to where your backups are being
created or organized.

Here is what I do to create a CD image of the key parts of my
home directory:

	#
	cd /home/haru_bak
	rm -f haruiso.iso
	rm -f harujwb*
	tar cf harujwb.tar --exclude-from exclfiles  /home/jwb/*
	gzip -9 harujwb.tar
	mkisofs -quiet -R -o haruiso.iso /home/haru_bak/
	rm -f harujwb.tar.gz

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298