Re: [tlug] compiling drver source with kernel version.

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:22:17 +0900, "vinod asokan" <vinod@example.com>
wrote to "TLUG" <tlug@example.com>:

> gcc -DCARDBUS -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -Wall  -O6 -c xircom_tulip_cb.c -o
> tulip_cb.o -I/usr/src/linux/pcmcia-cs-3.1.27/include

What did you do with tulip_cb.o once it was compiled? If you left it where
it was then insmod is still trying to load the old object file somewhere in
the /lib/modules/<kernel_version> tree.

Unless you've already done so, try moving your newly compiled object file to
the directory where the old one is (having made a backup of the old one if
you like). *Then* try insmod.