[tlug] compiling drver source with kernel version.

Hi guys,
I just subscribed to TLUG mailing list.
I have been working wroking with Redhat Linux for some time.

Now I am using TurboLinux7.0 in a Toshiba DynabookSS laptop.
The kernel version is 2.4.5-3.
I have a network card (CARDBUS)  which is to be tested for performance.
I have changed certain register values and compiled the driver source
(tulip)
with CARDBUS option like this :

gcc -DCARDBUS -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -Wall  -O6 -c xircom_tulip_cb.c -o
tulip_cb.o -I/usr/src/linux/pcmcia-cs-3.1.27/include

The compilation was done without any error. But when the module is loaded,
by pcmcia service or by manual "insmod tulip_cb.o"

the kernel gives version mismatch with the following kernel messges :

+ lib/modules/2.4.5-3/pcmcia/tulip_cb.o : kernel-module version mismatch
+ lib/modules/2.4.5-3/pcmcia/tulip_cb.o was copiled for kernel version 2.4.4
+ lib/modules/2.4.5-3/pcmcia/tulip_cb.o while this kernel is version
2.4.5.-3

and insmod failed.

I also tried :
# insmod -f tulip_cb.o

I dont know if there is any option for including the linux kernel version
along with gcc command.
Please help me out of this situation..

thanks in advance..

 Vinod Asokan